Friday, November 27, 2015

Anime North Texas 2015 - Saturday

Mochiron Store's Table at ANT~!

Woke up Saturday with the intention of just tabling all day!! And it somewhat worked out..? It was my first time being in a close door artist alley (bc the only ones I've been at were AnimeFest where they have set hours but nobody follows them), and I really liked it over how AnimeFest's is run *__* Afest has its perks where you can sell as long as you like, but having a set time where you can just relax after you're done is super nice too!!

Anyways~ We got to the table at around 9:45ish and were really surprised to find that.. barely any of the vendors were there? LMAO;; It was supposed to open to VIP at 10 but a lot of them didn't show up until about 10. But whatever~ We set up and sat at the table until about 11:30-ish and then Ki took over.

Hung out at Starbucks with Matsuno-family-turned-Tourabu (and Gaby and I as Kancolle LOL) and ofc took more selfies. I think there's a pic somewhere on my phone with a guy photobombing one of our selfies. Thanks dude.


Roamed the con a bit after, and then went to check out my friend Sunny's panel about guessing lolita prints! It was really interesting to see how they named their prints lmao. Sometimes they use really obvious names and other times it's just like... Snow Queen's Fortress or something. Hire me to name your lolita prints o/ This was later, but on the subject of panels, also went to Tania and Stephen's figure collecting panel!! It's fun to watch people's reactions to buying figures :'D


Went back to sit at the table after that and started trying to draw commission samples! I taped up part of my sketchbook (those pieces nobody needs to see tbh) and used that as samples as well. I didn't start taking commissions until after tho. Before that I was hanging out with other con friends and discovered that omfg it's a freaking THROWBACK CON... One group of friends put together a Tokyo Mew Mew group cos and another one did Loveless //oh my god my childhood.


When I started taking commissions, it became even more apparent that it was a throwback con bc wtf I was commissioned Soul Eater, Ao no Exorcist, and Hetalia..! It was really fun drawing them again tho nwn;; I remember that I used to draw Yukio all over my notebooks ahaa~


Did commissions up until closing time~ Then nyoomed into our kigurumi bc by that time a freaking cold front came in and BAM 70 degrees yesterday to low 40s today WOWOW. We went out to Hanabi Ramen again and had to walk a bit to get to friend's car, but it was pretty worth it because downtown Fort Worth was really pretty!

Ahhh Christmas decorations are my favorite!!

I knew that we had to check out the parade the next day bc wowow this was too pretty~ There were also giant ornaments and stuff but they weren't lit up yet so no pictures with those. Pretty much passed out after dinner but here's today's menu~ More korokke and salmon onigiri!


OH and to end this post, another highlight of the day, AHOGE TWINS! I was going to use my Shigure wig to do Namazuo so I was very happy to see there was a Namazuo at this con ahhh~


No comments:

Post a Comment