Monday, July 18, 2016

AX 2016 DAY 2

SHIP GIRLS UNDER AN UMBRELLA BC THEY DIDN'T HAVE TENTS FOR THE BIGGEST PANEL ROOM WHAT'S UPPPPP!!!

So I thought I did a lot today but I might actually have not done a lot..? Also we forgot to charge the camera and my phone decided to die halfway through the day so there will be very little pics today oops;; WELP HERE GOES--

Started lining up for autographs an hour later than yesterday at 5:30 for Naoshi Arakawa! And I somehow got the exact same number as I did for Suwabe- lucky number 13! People who would line up for Suwabe today at the same time we did yesterday would NOT be so lucky though because he went to standby even for people who lined up at 4:30AM! SO GLAD WE DECIDED GETTING IT YESTERDAY-- But yeah, since we lined up a bit later and because it took freaking forever in hot hot sun and heat yesterday to even go inside the con center, we decided to just go in cosplay and get in makeup in line again aha~

So we got inside and got done with cos makeup and everything by idk 9..? Anyways I think we decided to roam a bit before deciding oh yah we should line up for panels. More specifically the Ao no Exorcist/Kazue Kato panel!! It took us a bit to find panel lines but before going to panel lines decided to get autograph tickets for Michi and Maidreamin because it was available..? GOOD DECISION BTW!! SO YEAH we eventually found the panel room line and aha it was all outside. And no tents. They said they would have tents. But not for the biggest panel room apparently? Misha left to grab Sushio's autograph so I went to the panel by myself. But I basically messaged her the entire panel so I surprisingly have a lot to say about it! So here's some panel highlights! >3<
  • Kazue Kato quit college to become a mangaka and first started as an assistant!
  • At first her dad was really against her doing this, but after seeing how well she sells this is no longer and issue o/
  • I don't know if I understood this correctly, but she didn't actually go see her manga on bookstore shelves until the anime came out!
  • She also didn't realize how BIG she became until she saw Ao no Exorcist in the conbini (THIS IS A HUGE DEAL!)
  • Naturally, she bought it saying "I had to contribute to the sales!"
  • Her friends tell her she's like Rin so she finds this a bit embarassing
  • The panelists asked her who she could collab with if she could collab with another mangaka. While she was thinking, someone shouted Jojo!! And she was just like "Jojo?! Arakawa-sensei is kind of a god figure... I think I would get nervous"
  • And then she did a livedrawing of Rin which would later be a giveaway to a panel I didn't go to ahaa
  • They asked the English/Japanese editors of AnE but there weren't a lot of questions that stuck out to me
  • OH EXCEPT the Japanese editor first came to Shueisha as a fashion editor but the ladies in his department checked his clothes tag and just sighed disapprovingly LOL;;
  • They started asking Kato-sensei fan questions and one of them was who she was influenced by as a mangaka, and she stated Evangelion and Naoki Urasawa's Monster (I don't see the resemblance with Monster, but Eva definitely!!)
  • They also brought in the producer for the AnE anime and showed a new key art! Unfortunately we couldn't take pics;;
I think the most I got out of the panel was how incredibly HUMBLE Kato-sensei is?! She's really appreciative of all the fans that came! Also the whole Eva influence thing! I really wanted to get her autograph later but things came up and we missed the line/// I did end up getting a really nice AnE poster the next day, though!

So right after the panel ended, they shooed us out for the next panel (Naoshi Arakawa's) WHICH I ALSO WANTED TO GO TO BUT WE CAN'T STAY IN THE ROOM-- I got worried if I was able to make it in because as we were going in for Kato-sensei's panels there were people already waiting for his panel AHhh/// I ended up running back to the end of line to get inside again and THANKFULLY the line cut off right after me omg Q___Q

I could've probably made it there sooner if I didn't take a pic of this cute D.Va coser LOL;;

So yeah! I ran to the panel and messaged the entirety of this panel to Misha again! XD I had to take off my ship girl shoes since those are the most impractical things to run in ever--
  • So Arakawa-sensei first wanted to write about a band! Since he really likes heavy metal!
  • He used his kendo skills to draw a music manga..? I don't know what I meant by that but I think it's because of how dynamic his drawings are!
  • He collects Iron Man figures! He even uses them for figure drawing LOL
  • He showed his names for his new soccer manga and AHh so nice to look at! (no pictures yet again so sorry//)
  • He brought in two sketches, one of Kaori and one of Kousei to draw, and OF COURSE the audience chose Kaori (b-but kousei;;)
  • He really likes sweets!! So the panelist asked him what American sweets he would try if he had the chance and he's like "I never thought about it, but I want to eat a hot dog" LOL;; Someone asked him to try nitrogen ice cream and he was all "EHHH?!"
  • Soon after a dude from the audience gave him a piece of chocolate and he got SUPER happy about it! He was like "I want to give him a drawing!!"
  • The ended the panel with a janken battle to give out the Kaori livesketch and he gave the Kousei one to choco boy LOL
Overall, the panel was just.. ok? Especially compared to the Kazue Kato panel. The panelist was a bit awkward and kept asking what I felt like were personal questions //// It was still enjoyable though!

After the panel was basically his autograph session so I met up with Misha again to regroup and rest a bit before going for autographs. She ended up leaving her phone in my bag and then Kentia hall decided to have absolutely NO RECEPTION so I had no way of contacting anyone without sacrificing my spot in line--

I ended up meeting more i7/seiyuu fans in line! Also a SUPER big fan of Tattsun (she's going to BOTH Band Battles, my hero). The other one was diligent sesame! We talked about seiyuu while waiting for the autographs ahaa/// The autograph session itself wasn't too eventful aha;; I gave him my letter and Kaori plush and he signed the board o/ I think the nice thing was that they had special KimiUso boards! The girl we shared an Uber with in the morning said you had to do a bunch of stuff to get it, but once we got in line they actually gave it out to fans who didn't have anything to sign o/

It was an AX specific drawing!! Kaori's bag says Los Angeles on it aha~

Found Misha again by contacting Kevin and we lined up for Michi and Maiddreamin's autographs! We were pretty early..? Or was it late-- For Michi's and got it pretty quickly! MICHI IS SO CUTE-- THE MOST INTERACTION I HAD WITH AN AUTOGRAPH BY FAR AHhh!!

I only really knew her for Rokka no Yuusha, but she asked me who I was cosplaying, and I told her Kantai Collection! And she was like "Oh?! The same as her?!" because Misha went as Naka before me. And I was like "Yes! We're sisters!" She asked me if I was the imouto or oneesan and I was just like "Imouto!!" Then she said "AHh ii ne! It's nice to have siblings who like the same things as you! My older sister doesn't like anime///" AHh it just felt really nice to talk to her?! Definitely going to start listening to her music/// PLUS SHE'S ADORABLE WAHh

Right after her autograph line was Maiddreamin's! Their autograph was definitely the most RELAXED. Since they're cute maids they allowed pictures! They tried to talk to us a lot which was really nice! And they liked my Ushio ahoge LOL/// They told us to come visit them in Japan, and I was just like YES I WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO COME NEXT YEAR--! OH before we left autograph lines I saw a Riku in the Nami Sano line and I just casually waited around to take a pic of them//// FOUND OUT LATER that it was the Furuya I saw yesterday and freaked out at AHh/// 

 Posting the same pic as yesterday but cute maids polaroid wahh~

It was still a bit early in the con day maybe like 4 or 5, but we decided to head back to the hotel early to get out of cosplay and into concert clothes! Also to stock up on food for the next day at Marukai~ Along the way we ran into a TENN COSER!!! And also MORE IDOLISH7 FANS BLESS!! I think this is when I ran into Tuna, Fish, Shiroi, and Kuri?! Meeting so many people in a row I just can't remember ahaa///

ALSO WHERE I SHAMELESSLY TOOK THIS PICTURE--!! Apparently bowing at Tenn was NOT ENOUGH TO GIVE HIM ANY SSR DURING HIS BIRTHDAY SCOUT

BUT YES AFTER THIS WAS JAPAN SUPER LIVE!!! WHICH WAS HYPE HYPE HYPE!!! Until I got too tired and fell asleep..... ///// I'm sorry JAM Project. BUT YEAH SUPER LIVE HIGHLIGHTS YEA YEA YEA!!!!!!!!

During JAM Pro's opening!! HYPE HYPE HYPE
  • It was a seated concert! So we didn't have to worry about getting there too early or anything.
  • AS SOON AS WE WENT IN THO I WAS OVERCOME WITH EMOTIONS......... From having been here in January for the Infinite concert. I thought I was super far away for that concert but when we sat down and we were actually... much closer even though we had a further away seat?? I felt blessed to get that row for Infinite////
  • BUT ENOUGH ABOUT INFINITE IT'S CONCERT TIME-!! DJ Kazu opened up with some ROCKIN TUNES YEAH DJ KAZU! People already started doing wotagei and calls and it hyped the concert up really nicely!!
  • JAM Project opened up the concert followed by Eir Aoi!
  • I didn't know a lot of JAM Pro's songs so I was just following the hype but for Eir Aoi I WAS SO THERE YEA YEA YEA! I think she did three songs total and then was like "I'll be back!"
  • Then Luna Haruna came out and I knew maybe half her songs..? BUT IT WAS STILL GOOD AND HYPED AND CUTE GIRLS!!!!!
  • AND THEN EIR AOI CAME BACK OUT AND THEY DID A SONG TOGETHER TWO CUTE GIRLS ON STAGE OH MY GODDD
  • I forgot what song they did but it was cute and their vocals go nicely together!! AND THEY WALKED OFFSTAGE HOLDING HANDS HOW CUTE IS THAT?!?!?
  • It was a really nice dynamic because you have Eir Aoi who was BODY ROLLING AND EVERYTHING onstage at first and being really cool and then Luna Haruna being absolutely sweet and cute WITH DRILL TWINTAILS AHHh
  • So yeah cute girls. Followed BY ABSOLUTELY COOL GIRLS!!
  • Minami was next and I TOTALLY DID NOT KNOW SHE DID THE INFINITE STRATOS OPENING?! MY JAM HELLOOOOO!!!!!
  • After Minami was Yoko Ishida and I was really surprised at how good her English was!! They didn't translate the concert so she basically came self translated! I didn't know a lot of her songs but she had really great stage presence!!!
  • AND THEN AFTER SHE PERFORMED MINAMI CAME BACK OUT AND THEY DID A DUET... TO GOD KNOWS NO LESS!! I screamed that entire song and I was brought back to my 6th grader carameldansen cat eared wearing self oh god. BUT IT WAS A REALLY ENJOYABLE PERFORMANCE THAT I DIDNT EXPECT WAHhh
  • They had a short short intermission at this point with DJ Kazu but his song choice was so good could you really call that an intermission?!
  • And after that came TM Revolution!! I honestly didn't know the majority of his songs either except for Resonance BUT WHEN THAT DID PLAY HOO BOY DID I GO HARDCORE orz
  • He introduced it REALLY cheesily like "MY SOUL. MY RESONANCE." or something like that. But it was just. GREAT.
  • After TMR was Sphere!! A lot of people sat down and took Sphere as a break because literally this concert was 4 hours of LET US HYPE YOU UP AND UP AND UP but I took Sphere as HECK YEAH IDOLS!! HARUKA TOMATSU!!! AKI TOYOSAKI!!!!
  • I didn't know ANY of their songs but Aki was so cute I kept following her and asfklasjf SO SURPRISINGLY TALL?! I just went with whatever pit was doing for the calls///
  • Afterwards was JAM Project!! So at this point was like 3+ hours of standing and HYPING and built up stress of not sleeping because of autographs and not really knowing their songs so I just... fell asleep. I'M SORRY/////////////
  • A lot of my friends said their part was the MOST HYPED of the concert but jlkasjfklj i really didn't know any of their songs and ajsklfjaklsjf I knocked out until the end of the concert.
  • I was surprised they didn't do a huge song together?! (maybe I was too used to watching the Animelo concerts lolol) But not even an encore?!? Were we supposed to encore them?! But they said their sincere thank yous and it was a nice ending///
We took the shuttle home afterwards and just knocked out to sleep. IT WAS A LONG DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment