Thursday, November 16, 2017

Japan Trip Day 3 - Harajuku

So as a continuation from before! We decided to go back to Shinjuku before going to Harajuku bc hello I forgot those placemats! And that was our entrance fee so we gotta go back and get them!! Anyways, we went back to the cafe (and remember how I said yesterday was the last day of the YOI Cafe) yea well they ALREADY CHANGED THE CAFE. I don't know why I didn't take any pics of it, but it's now an anime film festival cafe thing? And since they extended the YOI Cafe dates, they moved everything upstairs. I was surprised because we were literally just there yesterday?!

So I found the YOI Cafe people and asked them in my very very broken Japanese that I lost my placemats here yesterday. I don't know why I said 残しました (I lost) instead of 忘れました (I forgot) because my pronunciation is crap and they couldn't understand me when I said 残しました, but eventually they understood me and asked me what I forgot! LUCKILY I took a picture of it and they immediately brought it out for me when I showed them the pic Q__Q Thank you kind cafe workers you guys are a blessing!!


We decided to go back to the department store just for a bit because they had some cute stores there we didn't visit! For example this San-X Store!


AHH STATIONERY IS SO CHEAP HERE GUYS I WENT NUTS. I didn't want to buy stuff for myself because I didn't need any more stuff my room is so cluttered alkfsakf so I ended up buying a lot of gifts here! AND THEY WERE SO CHEAP!! Planners for less than $10?! AHHhhhhhh


There's also an Anpanman store but there was nothing for adults here... All kids clothes and toys cries.



And of course there has to be a Sanrio store! I like Hello Kitty, but I'm not too big of a fan or her and they didn't have the new Sanrio charas like Jinbei-san or exclusives like that so I didn't get anything. Those Pom Pom Purins were tempting though!

After a bit more shopping we decided to make our way to Harajuku! It was only a couple stops on the Yamanote line which is nice~


The famous Takeshita Street!!! Harajuku was so colorful! It was Saturday at this point so amongst all the tourists here there were also a lot of girls from school and just shoppers all around~ It was a lot of fun to see!


We shopped at WEGO and another store there and just did some window shopping/browsing through most of the stores there! The clothes were so cute and felt good quality why didn't I buy more?!!! I did end up getting a suuuper cute bag that will probably end up at the end of this post or at tomorrow's post? BUT IT WAS REALLY CUTE OK. And it was nice quality! I'm actually using it every day now haha~


This shop makes giant UFO-looking cotton candy... I couldn't eat that much sweet and I'm not a huge fan of cotton candy so I didn't get any, but if I was with a bigger group of people I want to get it just once! Mostly for the instagram pic but ayyy

After shopping around for a bit we decided to try the famous HARAJUKU CREPES! We visited Angel's Heart because it's iconic and look at all the crepe displays?! They're adorable I need to have one!!!



As expected of a famous restaurant, the line was super long! But it wasn't too bad waiting in it~ It stopped raining a bit earlier but there was a good amount of clouds in the sky so it wasn't too hot.


I ended up getting Cheesecake Strawberry Crepes! Do you see that? That's a whole cheesecake in your crepe wtf?! Unfortunately, I wasn't too big of a fan of the crepes... The size was perfect but I prefer my crepes on the crispier side than the soft side. That being said I want some T-Swirl Crepes now :Q__


They had a Calbee store and I wanted to get some souvenirs here but the line was crazy lmao...


More browsing and walking around~ All the stores were so unique and colorful! Harajuku is a fun place to be in *__* Mmm idk what else to say about Harajuku so here's a pic spam instead LOLOL



WAIT JK I MISPOKE THE LAST THING WE DID IN HARAJUKU WAS PURIKURA! Ok so this place was in the basement area of Harajuku and it was literally called Purikura Land. It was a huge area of just Purikura machines. If that wasn't amazing enough, they even have a powder room area where you could get ready for Purikura??? That was such a foreign concept to me LMAO... But yeah so after school there were a lot of girls coming in in their uniforms with brand new outfits to change into just so they could take purikura?! It was incredible. I didn't want to take a picture of the powder room area bc I didn't want to be rude but oh my god these girls got into new outfits, did new hair/makeup, and then took pictures. There were also their boyfriends waiting outside the powder room so they could take purikura together. The machines were so fun! And they made your purikura really really cute. Maybe later I'll update this part with my purikura lolol but look at all the machines ayyy~



I'm tired of writing for now so I'll write another post about the rest of day 3 zzzz We went to Shibuya and Akiba after so look forward to that??? Bye bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment