Sunday, May 15, 2016

Miku Expo 2016 @ Dallas!


Miku Expo last night was AMAZING! The setlist was pretty much the same as Seattle's and you can find that at Miku Fan! Anyways, onto my report!
We knew we had to celebrate Miku coming because we did so many Vocaloid cos in the past (actually it was only 3 but there were so much more planned it felt like more LOL) so we decided to do a throwback and cosplay Rin & Len! We made Rin and Len themed happi, finished literally 5 minutes before we had to leave to watch Dokyusei later that afternoon!

At the concert there was someone there with an OFFICIAL happi!!!
oh my godd I was so excited to see him *__*

After watching Dokyusei & finished eating it was still only like 2pm so we're like wtf what do the theater is right there and there's no place to loiter until the concert doors open >< SO WE WENT TO STARBUCKS. AND GOT INTO COSPLAY AT STARBUCKS... Yeah that happened.

Cosplay ready!!!

But by the time we were finished getting ready, it was still only 4pm and we're like ok what the heck let's just go to the venue and see what's up. This was 2.5hrs before doors opened and MAN THE LINE WAS ALREADY LONG-- Like not as long as when doors DID open but wow I didn't expect that! It was also freaking hot that day so good job everyone there for persevering in the heat-- But there were so many itasha and cute cosplayers there! I wish I remembered to take pictures of them aha...

One of the itasha! SO CUTE WAH!

When we were waiting in line Gaby decided to go ahead and buy merch before the concert started! The doors were already open for people to buy merch so we're like ok let's go before there's a ginormous crowd. There were a lot of cute merch! But I already bought light sticks and the other concert thing I collected was towels and they don't have that so I didn't buy anything new.

After a lot more waiting both outside and inside, we got a pretty good spot! We could see the stage so I wasn't complaining ahah. It was funny though because we have a lot of tall friends and they just kind of created a wall around us. Oops. Anamanaguchi opened up the show and played for about 30 minutes? I had already seen them when they came by my university so I didn't care too much for it;; I'm here to see Miku man.

--- me going back to this draft and editing it about a month later oops ---

This post is like halfway done but I forgot what else I wanted to say about Miku Expo?! I'll try hard to remember it l-lol. Here's the setlist for the concert! I didn't want to repeat anything because it was pretty much the same thing, but of course! She opened up with World is Mine. TBH I almost started crying because of a rush of nostalgia AHH MIKU I LOVE YOUU!!

Other memorable things that happened! Deep Sea Girl was so cute! I really loved the water effects she had going on when she was singing ahh /// That song was never one I listened to a lot but after the concert I definitely started listening to it more!

My absolute FAVORITE parts were back to back Butterfly on your Right Shoulder and Remote Control though. First of all AHH I LOVE BUTTERFLY. I LOVE HOW LEN ROCKED THE STAGE. YES I KNOW HE IS NOT REAL BUT HE IS THE CUTEST NOT REAL THING EVER. And Remote Control was just... GREAT MUSIC. GREAT ANIMATION. GREAT EVERYTHING!!

I think around here was when I got REALLY hyped up cause I LOVE IT ALL! Eventually, I noticed there was like... a ring of space around me because of how much I was jumping and waving my lightsticks. But seriously, you guys are at a concert man get hyped.

Blue Star was a great ending song! A really nice theme song for this year!! ;o; I was a biiiit disappointed at the encore though. I just don't like Sharing the World lol. And I didn't like Anamanaguchi's rendition of 39 orz;; But Miku's piano solo was suuuper cute! And I think it was during Blue Star? but CONFETTI CANNONS AWW YEAH GOOD STUFF!!

Ok welp that's pretty much all I remembered. Other than that guy with the AMAZING HAPPI! Here's a bonus comparison pic from the first time I tried cosplaying Len to my current version. Never underestimate the power of makeup!


2010 → 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment