Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Japan Trip Day 2 - Shopping in Ikebukuro

Day 2 day 2 day 2! AKA The day I blew all my money at Animate and had to wait until withdrawing more money because apparently my ATM withdrawal rates still apply? CRIES. OH BTW you can click the photos to make them bigger! There's a lotta photos here so I didn't wanna make them too big and make my post a million miles long...

Anyways here's a photo of my boy at either Animate or Toranoana I really don't know anymore.

We started the day leaving our hotel and hitting up a Tourabu station store we saw the day before! It was so cute! Why didn't I take a proper pic of it? I'll never know. I ended up buying some washi tape and this picnic mat thing... It will be extremely useful when sitting in line or waiting for concerts :'D

The only picture I took of the TKRB store!
As you can see my boy is not one of the featured charas so I just... didn't care as much :'D

Moving on! We tried to get Mr. Donut in the morning but tbh we woke up too late. Stores don't open until 11 anyways so whatever!! Donmai donmai! Gotta make our way to Animate! It was a bit of a learning curve trying to navigate around Japan? But once we figured it out, it was ezpz~ Animate was in a road with a lot of other anime stores like K-Books and Toranoana! And right outside... my worst enemy: GACHA MACHINES! AND SO MANY OF THEM SCREAMS. We spent a good 10-20 minutes before even entering the store because we were looking at and playing gacha HAHA;;

Featuring both these photos here because you can see the Fate food truck in the back of the first one! And the second one is a closer look at all the gachas! It's nice too they have a trash can just for gacha capsules? Whoo recycling LOL;;

Anyways we entered the store and spent about an hour there? Both browsing and buying stuff! I tried not to buy stuff that I can get in America cause even with shipping it's not TOO big of a difference in price... I just want them exclusives! Anyways here's a mini pic dump inside Animate! I didn't take too many pics bc I didn't wanna be rude///

I wanted to take a pic of the staircase! SAO themed this time! There were different characters on each floor~ I don't like admitting it but I really like SAO LOL;; It's very enjoyable and the movie was pretty good!


ALSO LEMME JUST FEATURE THIS! DONTEN MINI ART GALERY AHHH!!
ok well to be more specific it's Rengoku ni Warau but GOD I LOVE THE ART SO MUCH AHHhh

I REALLY WANNA READ THIS! The art is totally my style!!!

Cries because I missed all the Idolish7 anniversary stuff Q__Q But at least these were still here for me to take pics of...

The TKRB merch corner kinda sucked tbh. There was nothing new;; I wish the TKRB store was still open so I could've bought more stuff LOLOL

TRIGGER CORNER PRAISE THE ORICON CHART NUMBER 1 KINGS AHHH!!! I bought ZOOL's Poisonous Gangster here bc I never ended up buying it online ahaa


Staircase up a Tsukiuta exhibit! That day it wasn't actually open so we made plans to go back and visit it another time. I'm not too familiar with the stage play actors and stuff but they are cute~



Afterwards we tried the Fate Food truck! I got Saber's drink. It was Calpis with a mango whipped creme and a brownie on top. The brownie was really yummy but I didn't enjoy the whipped cream too much;; The drink itself was yummy! I got an Archer coaster with it but I don't Fate so I gave it to a friend lolol

BTW HERE IS THE GACHA I BLEW A LOT OF MONEY ON...
Absolutely no Yasus Q__Q

We went to Mister Donut afterwards and I got to be reunited by my love Pon de Rings! It's just the perfect balance of chewy and softness and deliciousness why didn't I buy more... I should have bought 500 Pon de Rings... They had a special where if you buy 6 donuts you get this blanket and of COURSE WE BOUGHT IT? Mistakes were made though because 6 donuts is a lot of donuts so donuts became our lunch...

We got the blanket on the bottom! It's super soft and cute!

This isn't a Pon de Ring but it's a really cute donut~ And Halloween themed too! Taken with my new friend there >3< All the cute Sogo plush are mine!

Afterwards we were trying to find coin lockers because our stuff was getting pretty heavy... But we couldn't find any? Or any that were really conveniently located. But looking back at it it wasn't that heavy! Definitely not as heavy as when we went to Harajuku/Shibuya later! But moving on~ We went to Toranoana and the Eva store after!


Ok jk let me take a short break to say just how much I love Japanese vending machines... They were on every corner and Suica made it so easy to use! I tried getting different drinks every day but my go to drink was definitely the Royal Milk Tea!! Which I miss a lot... They don't sell that here ;__; This picture is extremely unrelated because this is a veggie drink. I got it for the Pokemon LOL The drink was just ok.




A quick Toranoana pic spam! The Anmitsu in the aprons is so adorable... Also I love how they have places to wish your favorite characters a happy birthday everywhere! This Atobe Keigo printout was so extra tho... BUT LOOK AT UGUI! Praising Ookanehira! So cute...




Eva Store after was a lot of fun! It was located at a mall area right next to the station so it was nice because we could nyoom nyoom to the train after! I really love how everything was themed? Like the warning labels and the giant Rei statue... I'm really sad I didn't end up buying anything >_< I wanted one of the Eva parkas so badly but I couldn't justify spending that much money on one... Now I regret because I didn't buy enough when I was there!!!

Anyways after the Eva store we walked around a bit more and they had a lot of themed shops in the same mall! Here's a small pic dump~

 
Show By Rock store! They had a really really amazing SBR cosplayer there but I had absolutely 0 guts and didn't ask for a picture;;

Next to that store was a Rejet store! LOOK AT MAGI#4! They're so cute!! Unfortunately I don't Rejet so I didn't care too much about the rest of the store ahaha


They also had a Digimon Store! I love these Digimon Tsums so much ahhh~

I thought we went straight to the station before going to Shinjuku for the Yoi cafe but it turns out wet took quite a long break at the hotel... Here's all the merch I got before leaving for Shinjuku that day!


I bought volume 1-3 of Koisuru Shirokuma because it's such a cute series and Hanae voices the seal. I didn't end up getting the version with the drama cd since they didn't have any left but it's k cause I got a cute towel! THOSE MAGAZINES WERE SO HEAVY THO... FREAKING B'S LOG! But look at all my cute Sogos! I got the Christmas Sogo at Mandarake (I think that was after Toranoana..??) LMAO MY MEMORY IS ALREADY GONE.

Ok I'm actually gonna end this post here. I will actually end this post here because Shinjuku/YOI Cafe deserves its own write up! Thank you for reading if you got this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment