Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Japan Trip Day 1 - Arriving and Exploring Ikebukuro

It's been a little over a month since I came back from Japan so I figured I should start writing a post before I forget everything! I'm pretty sure I forgot everything I did in Indonesia already oops;;

ANYWAYS hello hello! Just a little intro I guess? This September I decided to go to Indonesia and Japan as my graduation trip! We stayed in Indonesia for 3 weeks and in Japan for 1 week. In retrospect I think I should have stayed longer in Japan, but THAT'S OK IT WAS STILL TONS OF FUN! Also a very very nice break since all I do is work... But without further ado here we gooo~ Japan trip day 1! Or should I say Tokyo since we only left Tokyo once ;__;

Buying our Suica! The best thing we ever bought tbh


We left to the airport at butt early in the morning and went through pretty smoothly! Bye bye Jakarta ;_; I miss you but not your traffic lolol TO MY SURPRISE the move selection changed since we last took the plane 3 weeks ago! On my way to Jakarta they were showing the new Detective Conan move (which was GREAT BTW) but on the way to Tokyo they took that off and replaced it with THE GINTAMA LIVE ACTION SCREAMS!!!


Honestly this movie could have a blog post of its own...

The movie was amazing!!! Definitely recommend if it ever gets licensed or whenever fansubbers take it! It was hilarious and the actors chosen for the movie were on point. Oguri Shun is amazing. 

The rest of the plane ride was smooth? From what I remember? There were a lot of kids but they were quiet and nice. So we got off the plane and went through immigration pretty smoothly... Until we got to bag pickup and never found our bags going around??? IT TURNS OUT we went through immigration too slow and they already picked up our bags. WE SPENT LIKE 30 MINUTES WAITING FOR THEM--!! I was very worried we would never find our bags /cries Anyways we got them in the end, and customs was very confused on why two girls would have 2 giant bags for just 1 week in Japan. They asked if they were empty and I just;; I wish they were empty but they're filled with souvenirs from Indonesia cries;;

But yea we made our way through and bought Narita Express tickets to Ikebukuro station! The train ride was so nice~ They had wifi but we had a pocket wifi thing so we never ended up using the wifi lol. They also had bathrooms on the train if you needed them but at this point I was too tired to care ahaha. Ikebukuro was the last stop and it took about 40min-1 hour to get to our station! I withdrew money at the ATM and decided to put it to good use... VENDING MACHINES!!!

Look at this cute Halloween theme! 
I would love to go back during the actual Halloween date next time!

We got to Ikebukuro and started trying to find our way out. Why did nobody tell me train stations had escalators and elevators because I lugged my two giant luggages up the stairs and had a random very kind soul (who was ON THE PHONE) just pick it up and help me up the stairs. It was very heavy. My arms hurt just thinking about it aslkfjaslkfj ANYWAYS we found our hotel and checked in! We also got Saki's package at the hotel which was nice!

Our room was a lot bigger than I thought it would be! 
We had 4 giant suitcases and at one point we could open all 4 at once!

So after we took a break and cooled down from walking the streets and also getting wet because it was slightly raining when we were walking we decided to set out and FIND FOOD GAH I WAS SO HUNGRY LOLOL. We wanted to try a famous ramen place but as soon as we got there the line was so long and we were too hungry so we tried a place called Matsuya! But here's some Ikebukuro pic spam!

Owl statues everywhere! Ikebukuro loves owls!!

This place is a mistake.

This shopping district? Had a lot of hosts just standing there...
I really wonder what kind of people they target because we never got talked to. 

Granblue train ad! I love seeing train ads... 
I miss seeing anime everywhere HAHA;;

THE FAMOUS RAMEN PLACE!!! 
It was cool but the line was long and my stomach could not handle...

Dinner time!! It was our first time to use the ticket machine and it's... So convenient! You pay right there and have a nice warm meal! What a good concept really ;A;

My meal! I actually... Completely forgot I ate this.
But I do remember it being delicious!
And it was cool seeing all the businessmen and OL's after work eating there?

After dinner we decided to drop by Don Quixote because it's open 24hrs and WHY NOT. Donki is so magical. They had everything. Really. Except vacuum space bags (but that's a last day thing to talk about). I love how bright all the city lights are at night! Japan is safe but all the lights made me feel more safe? Also it's pretty.

Donki!! SO TALL! SO HUGE! SO MUCH STUFF!!!

This robot is so creepy but you do you robot.
LOOK AT HOW IT'S DRESSED UP THO!
Donki was entirely Halloween themed!!!

We ended up going to Taito after Donki and what a mistake that was... How much money did I blow on crane games HAHAHA I don't want to know... But it was lots of fun so I don't regret it... Too much.
Arcade Love Live was... really hard.
It may be because I haven't played rhythm games in weeks but it was really hard!!
But I did love the Kingblades everywhere! 
Plus you can choose the machine with your favorite girl on it haha!

They also had these Love Live cutouts and Rin... Who hurt you...

Afterwards we walked back to our hotel! All in all a good first day~ Or half a day. Look at all the stuff I bought.

I never did end up using those eyelashes yet... I wonder if they are good HAHA;;

We passed by this display every single day and now I regret not trying it.
Even tho my stomach was treating me terribly and won't let me eat sweet thing too much :cc

OK I ended up losing steam as I wrote this LOL I wonder if I can write Day 2-7 later..... IF NOT I had an amazing time in Japan and I will never stop talking about it so if you know me irl I'm sorry Japan was just so much fun Q__Q

No comments:

Post a Comment